Senior PHP Developer & Head of IT CV ResumeAugust 12, 2010 11:26
About me, a Resume
Hi! I'm Johannes Lauter a 27 year old Web Application Developer based in Berlin. I'm mostly interested in high quality PHP based Back End development, including Frameworks like Zend Framework & Doctrine 2 and the use of PHP 5.3 Techniques. At the Moment i find myself using more and more HTML5 (if its possible thanks to degradation and IE) and the use of AJAX specially with the help of jQuery.
I started my educationas an IT Specialist in the most classical Environment you can imagine, the IT Department of the BFA - Deutsche Rentenversicherung (German statutory pension insurance scheme), I'm talking about cobol and BS2000 here. Still - I found the work there when it came to the really large Intranet mostly interesting.
Still while being at the BFA i started to work with FM5 on there platform nolabel.at and fm5.at which gave me first grips about real web Application Programming in the "outside world", User Interface Design and User Experience which i deepened at STRATO and completed with the Knowledge about LAMP Systems i gained there.
I then entered the ECONA AG where I helped maintain and extend different Products from their portoflio. Soon after, I was entrusted with the new Project: Sparwelt which started as a wordpress Blog and was soon changed to a Drupal Portal and a massive Zend Framework Back End used for Content Distribution to other media Partners and vise versa the inclusion of content from other Partners. And later started the portal abowelt.de based on Zend Framework, HTML5 (markup) and jQuery.
Recently the SPARWELT GmbH became the ECONA Shopping GmbH as a part of the ECONA Network. I'm now the Head of IT of the ECONA Shopping GmbH with an IT Department of currently 6 Developers. ECONA Shopping consists currently of sparwelt.de , abowelt.de , worldofdeals.co.uk , alle-Gutscheine.de .
Skills - CV
- For programming i use an LINUX Ubuntu Workstation and Eclipse or Netbeans, always depending on the newest version, whichever I like the most. If possible include SVN in the development and release process which is not really an issue with a good IDE. For Database Design I prefer the MySQL Workbench and for SQL Statements just the command line or the MySQL Query Browser.
- For Markup and CSS I use my IDE and of course Firebug for Firefox.
- On the server-side i use, of course, a LAMP Environment, and while i know my way around different Linux Distributions i clearly favor Debian as the Servers OS.
- While I'm a fan of Linux and open-source when it comes to graphical work I prefer Photoshop (and by extension windows / mac OS).
- use of strict XHTML (1.0) and HMTL5
- using CSS2 and CSS3 while making sure of degradation and cross-browser issues
- use of AJAX based techniques and knowing when to and when not to use them
- semantic markup (and its SEO Benefits)
- PHP4 ("there is always legacy[work]")
- PHP5 (focusing on its advancement in the OOP Field, especially since 5.3)
- multiple PHP based frameworks, mostly Zend Framework (minor experience worth mentioning with symfony and kirby)
- PHP based cms like wordpress(yes it is one), typo3, drupal (No, its Not a framework) and others
- client and server use of different web based protocols like soap, rest and xml-rpc, to name a few
- to aggregate data from B2B partners like affiliate networks
- to provide Content for other publishers
- to use social services like twitter & facebook
- extended experience with XML and xpath
- mysql use and optimization
- caching technologies (APC, Memcached, & Varnish for example)
- I try to apply common patterns as much as possible, like MVC which is more and more common in modern PHP Applications, OOP based programing goes without saying.
- For larger Projects i always apply Techniques like SVN, Ticket Systems (JIRA at the moment and Trac in the past) and project management Techniques like scrum.
Employment01/2010 - todayResponsibility for the IT strategy, applications (Development & Rollout), infrastructure (Projects and Services) and the IT budget for the Business Unit.
09/2008 - 01/2010Application Developer, mainly responsible for the current and future development of: sparwelt.de a complex drupal System using in House written and external Content, abowelt.de a zend framework based Portal which automatically includes pricing and offer Information of various partners and the Distribution of Content via API to other partners like guterrat.de, computerbild.de, pcwelt.de and many others. Besides the programming part I'm currently also responsible of the Documentation of the API and the Server Administration.
Application Developer at Econa Media07/2008 - 01/2010Econa as an "group of Internet companies." hold a lot of different Projects, mostly Wordpress and Legacy Pages at the moment , which I'm partly involved with. Sparwelt is a part of Econa so that's where I, naturally, spent most of my time.
Application Developer at FM5 e.V.07/2006 - todayFM5, an Austrian association mostly engaged in cultural and artistic subjects and reporting on them at their online-platform http://www.fm5.at . I'm currently involved in completely re-writing the main platform, from back to front end.
11/2006 - 06/2008Strato is one of germany's largest Internet Hosting Providers, covering everything from Single-Page over Shop to Multiple Server Web Applications. Here i had mostly a Consultant Position, helping clients getting started with their own Projects.
Fachinformatiker für Systemintegration at DRV-Bund11/2005 - 04/2006After i finished my apprenticeship at the "Deutsche Rentenversicherung" i continued working there, mostly working on intranet projects.
Education - CV
Fachinformatiker - Fachrichtung Systemintegration (IHK - 2005) at DRV-Bund2002 - 2005I made my apprenticeship at the Deutsche Rentenversicherung (German statutory pension insurance scheme), one of the largest branches of German Government. My studies included to much different Fields to cover them here, but i can say that programing and especially web based Applications, intrigued me the most.
Feel free to contact me at hannes [ät] lautr . com